Ohr Kodesh Congregation is conveniently located along East-West Highway, mid-way between Georgia and Connecticut Avenues, overlooking Ray Meadows Park.
We welcome the opportunity to host your event and have a variety of spaces that can serve as a venue for life cycle celebrations such as baby namings and brit milot, bar and bat mitzvah receptions, birthday parties and weddings, and also for private Shabbat dinners, concerts, lectures, professional conferences, and more.
For information about space availability and to arrange for a personalized tour of our building and grounds, please contact us at facility [at] ohrkodesh [dot] org or call the main office at (301) 589-3880.
The Theodore & Annette Lerner Lobby
Ideal space for cocktail receptions, with standing room for up to 200 people.
The Mayer & Ethel Lerner Sanctuary
Fully renovated and well-suited for weddings, with built-in seating for up to 430 people (expandable for up to 700).
Murray & Nettie Kaye Social Hall
Over 8,000 square feet and has a built-in dance floor. The full space allows for reception seating, entertainment and dancing for up to 300 guests and it can be sectioned off for smaller events. Our beautiful social hall is adjacent to our strictly kosher kitchen.
Additional Information and Ameneties
- Adjacent to the main sanctuary, Cohen Chapel offers a similar backdrop, with seating for up to 120.
- Our Salzberg Family Library, also on the main level, provides more intimate space for up to 60.
- Our Bride’s Room has a private restroom and is included with all wedding rentals.
- We have a fully equipped and fully kosher, meat/dairy kitchen that is under the supervision of a Vaad haKashruth-approved mashgichah.
- Weather permitted, our Feith Terrace offers a beautiful outdoor setting.
- We also have a Conference Room and a variety of classroom spaces that can accommodate smaller meetings, breakout sessions and/or classes.
- Additionally, we have a large parking lot with an abundance of nearby street parking.
- Our facility is fully ADA compliant and we can provide hearing assistance devices for our Sanctuary and Social Hall.
- We have standard audio-visual equipment on the premises.
List of Kosher Caterers »
Learn about Rental Fees »
Kiddush Menu »