Top 10 things that the Ohr Kodesh Early Childhood Center Parents love the most about our school?
Feedback Compiled From October 2013 Community Meeting
1. Warm, loving, and welcoming community and environment.
a. Allow children to be themselves
c. My child loves coming to school
d. Warm, trusting environment
e. Welcoming and loving environment
f. Parents, teachers and administrators work together as on community
g. My child comes home happy every day
h. A real sense of nurturing the children
i. Wonderful sense of community
2. The enthusiastic, amazing, creative, warm and fabulous teachers and staff
3. The other ECC parents
4. The daily emails and the photos from the class
5. Time the teachers spend on curriculum development
a. Creative projects for the children
b. Improvisational exploration and play the children take part in
6. Jewish learning
7. The music teacher: Ms. Ellie
8. Reggio Emilia Approach
9. Ohr Kodesh special events
10. The inclusiveness of the entire family, whether or not children are currently at the school.
What other educational professionals are saying...
Feedback from teachers, administrators, and other professionals in the educational arena said after visiting Ohr Kodesh Early Childhood Center
Excerpt of quotes from group of approximately 60 educators during a visit to OKECC in November 2013:
• This is an amzing place infused with Jewish values
• The classroom displays are beautiful and meaningful
• The feeling in the school was warm and welcoming; and it was evident (you) have a deep respect for each other and especially (your) children
• It was clear that (you) embrace (your) entire community, not just the ECC, as there are traces of the congregation, MoEd, Alvin Browdy Religious School and (your) clergy, which is extremely unique in most synagogue based schools
• We were inspired by the parent participation and commitment your families demonstrate to support your school
• one Director with tears in her eyes, moved from reading the documentation: Thank you for giving me the courage to being a journey with my staff and take my school to higher heights
Mara Bier, Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, November 2013:
Bravo Ohr Kodesh!...The presentation Joanie and Leslie gave about the school was amazing. People talked about the wonderful feeling they had at Ohr Kodesh all day long. They were quite impressed with you and your school.
Thank you for helping to show the EC National Community how to do it.
Consultant for Early Childhood Education United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, November 2013: It was so wonderful to be in your school. You and your staff have found beautiful ways to weave together the strongest, most appropriate educational experiences for young children within a warm, joyful, vibrantly Jewish context and environment. Your description of your journey that you shared in your opening remarks when we were there on Tuesday...is exactly the journey I would like to help every USCJ school take.
Veronica Maravankin, Director, Rosenblatt Early Childhood Learning Center, JCC Kaplan Branch, West Palm Beach, June 2009:When it comes to Judaism combined with the Reggio Emilia approach to Early Childhood Education, you walk the talk. The presence of the family and each child and the way seamlessly Judaism is present and integrated were my highlights, along with the respect for each of those components.