The Alvin Browdy Religious School of Ohr Kodesh Congregation is dedicated to creating a community of students who develop a love of learning, Hebrew competency, a spiritual grounding, and a sense of responsibility to the Jewish community, Israel, and the world around them. The goal for our graduates is to have the skills and knowledge necessary to participate as fully as possible in all aspects of Jewish living.
Our school features:
- Interactive Hebrew Immersive program for K-2nd
- Integration with MoEd: Jewish Community Aftercare on Wednesdays
- Exciting, Active-Learning Curriculum for all Grades
- Individualized Hebrew Tutoring via Skype (Grades 3-7)
- Experienced, Professional Teachers
- Weekday Early Drop-Off Options
- Busing from many area MCPS schools
- Welcoming all Jewish Backgrounds
"OK Club" Early Drop Off
During the week, students can come directly to Ohr Kodesh from their elementary or middle school for supervised activities, snack, relaxation, and homework time. We work with MCPS to arrange bus transportation wherever possible. Students from many area schools (including Chevy Chase ESl, North Chevy Chase ES, Rosemary Hills Primary School, Rock Creek Forest ES, and Westland MS) can take an MCPS school bus directly to Ohr Kodesh for religious school on Mondays and Wednesdays for free. Students attending Sligo Creek ES, Takoma Park ES, Piney Branch ES, and Woodlin ES can take the bus for a fee.
For more information
Click on Educational Approach to read more about the specifics of our program. You may also contact our director by sending an e-mail to rabbicovel [at] ohrkodesh [dot] org (subject: ABRS%20Information) (Rabbi Tirza Covel) or by calling (240) 450-3485.
This year's calendar-at-a-glance is attached below.